In “traditional” Sufi tariqas, there are many varied paths and practices, forms of instruction, and styles of teaching to meet mureeds where they are, as they are.
As an Interfaith Sufi Path, Sirat-i Inayat incorporates a wide array of spiritual tools, modalities, and training approaches. Participants and seekers are invited to experience and discover for themselves which aspects of prayer, discipline, enjoyment, study, or worship resonate with their hearts, minds, bodies, and souls.
The different classes, services, trainings, and opportunities are each formed as particular expressions of the one message – many routes from the same source, headed toward the same goal.
Pir-o-Murshid Inayat Khan founded a Sufi organization with focus on three distinct Rays:
- The Esoteric School: Initiation and spiritual instruction
- Universal Worship: ministerial services and training
- Kinship: friendship, understanding, and service
Sirat-i Inayat includes these three Rays, and offers four more emanations of the message, which are the living passions, interests, experience, training, and spiritual activities that our current leadership is inspired to share.
- Ziraat: “The Sacred Manuscript of Nature,” spiritual ecology, earth stewardship
- Healing Collective: prayers, practices, ceremony, and training
- Temple of the Divine Feminine: reclaiming the Feminine face of God
- Mysticism of Sound: Dances of Universal Peace, Zikr, chant, and embodied spirituality
The designated leaders of Sirat-i Inayat Rays are called “Mu’alims,” which means teachers who share knowledge, teach a skill, and mentor students. Each Mu’alim (or “Mu’alimah,” the distinctly feminine form of the word) is available to welcome and orient you to the activities of one particular Ray. And all our Mu’alims are experienced and trained in multiple areas, so feel free to get in touch with them. We look forward to sharing the journey with you.
May your spirit be lifted. May your heart be healed. May your body be moved to dance.
May your mind be satisfied. May you feel at peace and happy in your life rhythms.